Tata Teleservices Limited spearheads the Tata Group’s presence in the telecom sector. The Tata Group includes over 100 companies, over 450,000 employees worldwide and more than 3.8 million shareholders
One of the key milestones in October 2011 was the brand integration exercise at TTL, which saw the Company’s many brands being consolidated under its single flagship brand, Tata DOCOMO. This helped TTL leverage the benefits of brand synergies and capitalize on its vast retail and distribution network, which is the largest amongst all private telecom operators in the country.
Tata Tele Business Services (TTBS), belonging to the prestigious Tata group of companies, is the country’s leading enabler of connectivity and communication solutions for businesses. With services ranging from connectivity, collaboration, cloud, security, IoT, and marketing solutions, TTBS offers the largest portfolio of ICT services for businesses in India. Also, with fiber optic network running across 132,000 km., operations in over 60 cities, 1800+ partners, and the largest team with 1600+ professionals, TTBS is well geared up to cater to the small, medium & large business community in India. TTBS strives to always get the best technology and services to businesses so that they can improve processes, reach customers more effectively, manage the workforce more efficiently and Do Big. Focus on customer centricity and innovation has helped TTBS garner recognition from customers and peers alike.
What do Tata Teleservices do?
Tata Teleservices has a presence in both, B2B and B2C spaces. In the consumer space, it offers 2G and 3G mobile services, home broadband, public WiFi besides content services. It also acts as a single stop shop providing ICT services including voice, data, cloud, IOT, etc. to large and small enterprises.
Is Tata Teleservices and Tata Communications same?
Tata Sons had written-off its investment of Rs 28,600 crore in Tata Teleservices in 2020. The consumer mobile business was transferred to Bharti Airtel but the enterprise segment was not merged with Tata Communications. The company is being rebranded now to tap the SME sector.
What is SWOT Analysis?
SWOT analysis is a basic, straightforward model that provides direction and serves as a basis for the development of marketing plans. It accomplishes this by assessing an organization’s Strengths and Weaknesses in addition to Opportunities and Threats.
SWOT analysis is an important step in planning and its value is often underestimated despite its simplicity in creation.
The role of SWOT analysis is to take the information from the surroundings and separate it from internal issues (strength and weaknesses) and external issues (opportunities and threats). Swot analysis assists the firm in accomplishing its objectives (strength or opportunity) and overcoming the obstacles (weakness or threats).
Tata Teleservices SWOT
Tata Teleservices Strengths
- · Effective advertising focusing on B2B customers.
- · High Brand visibility due to TATA Umbrella
- · JV with NTT DOCOMO a Technology leader in Telecom sector
- · Market Tie-Up with Leading Telecom equipment Manufacturers
- · Excellent Reach of Wireline Connections
- · Market Leader in Data Center solutions and Wireline Solutions.
Tata Teleservices Weakness
- · Weak Customer Service leading to high churn ratio
- · Old Wireline Network outrages due to ageing Underground Material and constant urbanization.
- · High Prices Compared to Competitors
- · Ineffective and weak Network in wireless
- · Weak 3G Presence.
- · Growing Data Center Market specially in cloud infrastructure
- · Good Window on increasing the 3G market share
- · Can use TATA communication Network for better network coverage
- · Tata Consultancy Services expertise in business intelligence using Big data for growth
- · Volatile and High government Spectrum Licenses
- · High Cost of Infrastructure in Tier 1 cities and increasing in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- · New Emphasis by competitors on improving network downtime service.