One of the key milestones in October 2011 was the brand integration exercise at TTL, which saw the Company’s many brands being consolidated under its single flagship brand, Tata DOCOMO. This helped TTL leverage the benefits of brand synergies and capitalize on its vast retail and distribution network, which is the largest amongst all private telecom operators in the country.
What is SWOT Analysis ?
SWOT analysis is a basic, straightforward model that provides direction and serves as a basis for the development of marketing plans. It accomplishes this by assessing an organizations Strength and Weakness in addition to Opportunities and Threats.
SWOT analysis is an important step in planning and its value is often underestimated despite the simplicity in creation.
The role of SWOT analysis is to take the information from the surrounding and separate it from internal issues (strength and weaknesses) and external issues (opportunities and threats). Swot analysis assists the firm in accomplishing its objectives (strength or opportunity) and overcoming the obstacles (weakness or threats).
Tata Teleservices SWOT
- · Effective advertising focusing on B2B customers.
- · High Brand visibility due to TATA Umbrella
- · JV with NTT DOCOMO a Technology leader in Telecom sector
- · Market Tie-Up with Leading Telecom equipment Manufacturers
- · Excellent Reach of Wireline Connections
- · Market Leader in Data Center solutions and Wireline Solutions.
- · Weak Customer Service leading to high churn ratio
- · Old Wireline Network outrages due to ageing Underground Material and constant urbanization.
- · High Prices Compared to Competitors
- · Ineffective and weak Network in wireless
- · Weak 3G Presence.
- · Growing Data Center Market specially in cloud infrastructure
- · Good Window on increasing the 3G market share
- · Can use TATA communication Network for better network coverage
- · Tata Consultancy Services expertise in business intelligence using Big data for growth
- · Volatile and High government Spectrum Licenses
- · High Cost of Infrastructure in Tier 1 cities and increasing in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- · New Emphasis by competitors on improving network downtime service.