U.S. stock market listings of 2020 which have already been a blockbuster year for IPOs, featuring the likes of record label Warner Music Group, data analytics firm Palantir Technologies, and data warehouse company Snowflake has a new player planning to make the most. Although it’s been hit by Covid-19, AirBnB has the biggest potential to bounce back with its robust model and continuous demand.
Here is a Quick Infographic of AirBnB’s Journey before the IpO
- Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia , Nathan Blecharczyk Put together an AirBed & Breakfast Site in Aug 2008
- March 2009, the AirBnB had 10,000 users and 2,500 listings
- The AirBnBreceived seed money from Sequoia Capital In April’09 followed by a funding round in November 2010 by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital
- October 2011, Airbnb established its first international office in London
- November 2012, Airbnb launched “Neighborhoods”, a travel guide of 23 cities
- July 2014 AirBnB new logo Belo a symbol of “belonging” with revisions to APP and Website
- Airbnb’s revenue grew more than 80% from 2015 to 2016 and it became a profitable company
- AirBnB made $200M in Profits in 2018 and a $322 Million Loss in 2019
- In April 2020, Airbnb raised $1 billion in another round of funding from private equity firms Silver Lake and Sixth Street Partners.
- AirBnB is aiming to raise around $3 billion in IPO with Approx valuation of $30 Billion
Which are its top competitors:
- Expedia is valued at $12 billion
- Tripadvisor is valued at $3 billion
- Booking.com is valued at $70 billion