Well it was a combination of both worlds we say developer as well as end user point of view.
Here is the link to that http://sanketspace.blogspot.com/2010/11/introducing-windows-phone-7-part1.html
But I do admit it was not that deep stuff we really like to see.So here comes the part Deux (2) of this series.So what do we have…………
What are going to expect in hardware from Windows phone 7
I have say one thing and that is consistency in hardware profile of all Win Phone 7 models.
Well Microsoft calls it Hardware chassis.
Windows Common Consistent Overall
Phone = Hardware + Platform + Quality
Hardware Elements Focus
This is Samsung Focus
What Does it mean?
Consistent set of Hardware profile set and guided by Microsoft.This include:
- one resolution size of screen(800*480) throughout all variants.
- Second resolution will be defined later.
- Same touch input that is Multi-touch Capacitive(OLED)
- Consistent processor / GPU for all Variants
- Same available RAM in all Platforms.
It Includes standard Hardware in all Smartphones powered by Windows phone 7.
- Capacitive touch: 4 or more contact points
- Sensors: A-GPS, Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity
- Camera: 5 mega pixels or more, flash required, camera button required
- Multimedia:Common detailed specs, Codec acceleration
- Memory: 256MB RAM or more, 8GB Flash or more
- GPU: DirectX 9 acceleration
- CPU:ARMv7 Cortex/Scorpion or better
If you think this is Over let me get to this all Phones carrying this Phone 7 OS will have same Basic Navigation Buttons
Hardware buttons | Start, Search, Back
This phones are having two platforms for applications development. Silverlight and XNA.
So it will give end users Flavors of different types.
SILVERLIGHT PLATFORM HAS
- Modern XAML/event-driven application UI framework
- Rapid creation of visually stunning apps
- Metro-themed UI controls
- 500,000 ++ developers spanning Windows and web
And Yes I will be one of them Hopefully 🙂
XNA PLATFORM HAS
- High performance game framework
- Rapid creation of multi-screen 2D and 3D games
- Rich content pipeline
- A very mature, robust, widely adopted technology covering
Xbox 360, Windows, and Zune.
Well its time to end this part but before leaving one more thing,
Windows Phone ready well it means it is integrated with cloud services,
the programs are location aware