SWOT analysis is a basic, straightforward model that provides direction and serves as a basis for the development of marketing plans. It accomplishes this by assessing an organizations Strength and Weakness in addition to Opportunities and Threats.
SWOT analysis is an important step in planning and its value is often underestimated despite the simplicity in creation.
The role of SWOT analysis is to take the information from the surrounding and separate it from internal issues (strength and weaknesses) and external issues (opportunities and threats). Swot analysis assists the firm in accomplishing its objectives (strength or opportunity) and overcoming the obstacles (weakness or threats).
1. Better network – covers whole of the India.
2. Brand recognition – brand image among customers
3. Brand equity – high equity in the market.
4. Advertisement policy – Coca Cola Company has endorsed with famous Personalities like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Akshya Kumar, Priyanka Chopra,Kareena Kapoor and many more.
5. Bottling plants –27 wholly-owned bottling operations Supplemented by 17 franchisee-owned bottling operations and a Network of 29 contract-packers to manufacture a range of products for the company.
6. Promotional schemes – to activate sales company is providing Umbrellas, Chairs, Tables, racks, flanges, visicooler & glasses.
1.Weak and irregular supply.
2.Irregular visit of EXECUTIVES.
3.Low product availability.
4.Scarcity of manpower.
1.Greater opportunity in rural areas where coca cola can gain a Substantial base.
2. 70% of total population lies in rural area, and market penetration of soft drink is only 12% hence there is greater scope of increasing revenue of the CocaCola Company.
3. Opening new outlets in the area where the coca cola’s market share is less.
4. Company should offer schemes for long term profit to the retailer so that they get involved in long term association.
5. Covering greater institutional areas as younger generation gets much Fascination out of such beverages.
1.Impulsive customer’s buy whatever is in the offer, so company has to give offers regularly.
2.Health conscious people are boycotting soft drinks.
3.Threat from Competitors as they give offers at cheaper rates than coca cola.
4.It’s too much seasonal , sales dropping in monsoon
5.Increasing competition by local players