01. Write an introduction about your blog and submit it to share sites like Digg, Reddit.
02. Create a Yahoo Group or Google+ group in the category your site sits.
03. Create a Facebook account and use it to publicize your site, create a Facebook page just
like ours Tech Fruit on Facebook.
04. Bookmark your site on Del.icio.us and also add a Del.icio.us button to your homepage.
05. Create a Technorati account and “claim” your blog. Must Must Must!!! Because Technorati helps you get great exposure and if have some sort of authority on the subject you write for Technorati and get immense exposure in the blogging world.
06. Submit your site to free, search engine friendly directories.
It is must for free marketing of your blog.
07. Conduct a survey. This is an excellent way to generate offline publicity. Use online apps like survey monkey etc.
08. Place a free ad for your company on www.gumtree.com
09.Syndicate your site’s content by using an RSS feeds.MUST DO!!!!
10.Submit your RSS feeds to sites like FeedBurner, Squidoo, Feedboy, Jordomedia, FeedBomb, FeedCat, rssmad, feeddirectory and feedfury.
11.Write an article related to your site and submit it to article sites.
12.Sign up to StumbleUpon and ask your friends to Stumble your site.
13.Create a custom 404 page so that even if someone encounters an error on your site, they are re-directed somewhere good.
14. Set up a 301 redirect to take traffic from your non-www address to your www address.
15.Add a link to your site in the signature of any forums you post on. It helps improving your SEO rank too.
16.Tell your friends about your site. It’s free advertising people!!!! Use instant messaging apps to improve your visibility and reach to friends and yes it is free. I recommend using watsapp and now BBM is available on both android an iOS.
17.Spell check your site. Nothing appears more amateur than a site with typos or spelling mistakes. If you find some in my site please comment and let me know.
18.Test your site and make sure it appears correctly in all major browsers. You can do this using Browsershots http://browsershots.org/
19.Buy enough hosting. No one likes a slow site, it is considered nightmare.
20.Don’t worry about PageRank , Your content gives you best visibility on Google. Google keeps on improving its algorithm to find quality content on internet
21.Offer something for free. Free is always good. People tell their friends about free stuff.
Creating a Ebook of your blog posts is a good idea. You can use Uberflip to deliver this ebook.http://www.uberflip.com/
22.Tell your friends and colleagues about your blog and your in depth knowledge about the subject, you never know what contacts they might have.
23. Offer your users as many ways as possible to contact you. Skype, Yahoo, Facebook, Myspace, Gmail, linkedIn, Twitter, Sina Weibo etc.
24. Advertise your site on Craigslist. It’s free, relevant and localised.
25.Do NOT use frames.
26. Submit your site to dmoz.org. It may take time, but it’s worth it.
27. Create an XML sitemap of your site and submit it to Google.
28. Get a custom t-shirt made with your website url on it, and wear it often.
29. Comment on flicker photos and links on sites.
30. Sign up with an affiliate program to sell your product, or if you’re a famous, make some cash!
1)How to Publicize your Blog and make most of internet. Part two