01. write an introduction and submit it to share sites like Digg, Reddit.
02. Create a Yahoo Group or Google+ group in the category your site sits, also create a facebook group for focused discussion.
03. Create a Facebook account and use it to publicize your site, create a facebook page
04. Bookmark your site on Del.icio.us and also add a Del.icio.us button to your homepage.
05. Create a Technorati account and “claim” your blog. Must Must Must!!!
06. Submit your site to free, search engine friendly directories.
07. Conduct a survey. This is an excellent way to generate offline publicity.
08. Place a free ad for your company on www.gumtree.com
09.Syndicate your site’s content by using an RSS feeds.MUST DO!!!! Configuring feeds, RSS , ATOM using feedburner, google reader.
10.Submit your RSS feeds to sites like FeedBurner, Squidoo, Feedboy, Jordomedia, FeedBomb, FeedCat, rssmad, feeddirectory and feedfury.
11.Write an article related to your site and submit it to article sites.
12.Sign up to StumbleUpon and ask your friends to Stumble your site.
13.Create a custom 404 page so that even if someone encounters an error on your site, they are re-directed somewhere good.
14. Set up a 301 redirect to take traffic from your non-www address to your www address.
15.Add a link to your site in the signature of any forums you post on.
16.Tell your friends about your site. It’s free advertising people!!!!
17.Spell check your site. Nothing appears more amateur than a site with typos or spelling mistakes.
18.Test your site and make sure it appears correctly in all major browsers.
19.Buy enough hosting. No one likes a slow site, it is considered nightmare.
20.Don’t worry about PageRank it is not updated every now or then
21.Offer something for free. Free is always good. People tell their friends about free stuff.
22.Tell your friends and colleagues, you never know what contacts they might have.
23 Offer your users as many ways as possible to contact you. MSN, Skype, Yahoo, Facebook, Myspace, Gmail etc
24. Advertise your site on Craigslist. It’s free, relevant and localised.
25.Do NOT use frames.
26 Submit your site to dmoz.org. It may take time, but it’s worth it.
27 Create an XML sitemap of your site and submit it to Google.
28 Get a custom t-shirt made with your website url on it, and wear it often.
29 comment on flicker photos and links on sites.
30 Sign up with an affiliate program to sell your product, or if you’re a famous, make some cash!