Programming languages ​​have emerged endlessly. From the original machine language to close to 3000 high-level languages ​​today.
Programmers have always protested steep learning curve and constant updates and features in this languages.  While programmers are faced with the constant introduction of new programming languages, they also face the problem of repeated issues when programmers write new applications because many codes already exist.

Codeless / low-code programming came started gaining market currency around 2013-14. No code / low code is a way to create applications that allows developers to quickly develop applications with minimal coding knowledge. Developers assemble and configure applications through a graphical interface and visual modeling. In this way, the developer skips all the middle layer directly, the visual code block already contains 90% of the functions required by most applications, and the developer only focuses on the remaining 10% of the code logic.

As a result, some developers inevitably have a new sense of crisis: With the advent of codeless / low-code programming, are programmers going to lose their jobs? So what are we talking about when we talk about codeless / low-code programming?

Low code programming accelerates digital transformation of enterprises

At the beginning, everyone may think that the low-code development platform is similar to an IDE and integrates some tools to improve research and development efficiency. In fact, low-code platforms provide more capabilities than IDEs. Low-code development turns programming into “building blocks” and modularizes common code. Developers can drag and drop through graphical interfaces to complete application development.

This Saves time for developers to write code by hand and control application construction flexibly. In this way, developers can complete application development with very little code. Low-code platforms can not only integrate software development into other fields, but also allow enterprises in other fields to enter software development, accelerating the digital transformation of enterprises.

Low code has the following advantages:

First, quickly complete steps from demand to application . Developers can build applications for multiple platforms at the same time. Demos can be completed within days or even hours, saving development costs.

Second, reduce the complexity of research and development, and reduce the difficulty of building large-scale systems. The low-code platform framework itself handles a certain complexity, and has built-in security processes, data integration, and support for cross-platform, reducing the need for developers to manually write code repeatedly. Developers can focus on the implementation of key business logic.

Third, the low-code platform integrates the mainstream architecture, which helps accomplish rapid deployment , and also accomplish secondary software development configuration and multiple configuration development.

what are names of some of low code platforms?

As early as 1982, in James Martin’s published paper “APP Development Without Program”, he proposed the idea of ​​building applications without writing programs. Today, many IT companies are competing for the low-code market, making the above assumptions possible: such as Jinyun, a strategic investment in China, H3 BPM launched by Orzhe in 2010, and Nine Chapters Fully Collaborative Cloud with Cloud, and Google Apps abroad Companies such as Maker, Microsoft’s Power Platform, Mendix, Salesforce, etc., have laid out the low-code market.

According to a Forrester Research report, the low-code development platform market will reach $ 15.5 billion by 2020 , showing that the low-code development market is hot. In another report by Forrester Research, about 100 vendors are grabbing the market, of which Microsoft ranked first in the statistics of “who is your low-code vendor” in 2018 and 2019.

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top